Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Road Less Traveled

I started doing some blogs about 2 years ago, and then I just stopped for some reason. I am going to try and keep up with it more now. When I can not think of new ones, I will use some of the old ones I did. Here is one of the first I did:

The road less traveled is empty and lonely, and bumpy too. I guess that's where it gets its name. It is not the path of the straight and narrow either. I do think that if you travel the straight and narrow path that you might someday run into the less traveled one. Why? Here are my thoughts:
When you choose to follow God with everything you have, He will take you where He wants you to go. Before you know it, your walking somewhere you have never been, down a road not many have traveled. It's going to be bumpy and rough like any road that doesn't see much traffic. The good news is, God will be there with you. He'll even carry you when you need it. Here are a couple of versus to tuck in your mind when you find yourself on this road:
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Phil 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
These thoughts of the road came to me in my prayer time last night, and God supplied the verses for me this morning as I did my devotions.

1 comment:

eVrn said...

I have thought this for a while now ... the road less traveled and the "straight and narrow" and have come to believe there are FAR fewer people on the road less traveled than I once thought. But you put in such easy to understand words. How do you do that? :)