Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Prayer

Here is something I posted back in the fall of 2007. I still feel the same way about it now as I did then. Prayer is important!

I pray for my wife and children everyday. I didn't used to. I would be too busy to get to work to start on some mindless time consuming project or server update or just go in and surf the net and read countless emails from technology listserves I subsribe to. That's all changed now. I pray with purpose now for things that God wants to do in my life and the life of my family.

This weekend we spent some time down at Grand Bear Lodge in Utica Illinois. They have a wave pool, water slides a a lazy river. It's a great time. There are signs posted all over about no shoes, no food and no running. Three year olds can't only not read, but they have a distinct way of forgetting to remember what you have told them, especially when they are having fun. We were talking in the shallow end of the pool when we turned and noticed Macie lying on the ground holding her head. She had slipped and fallen while running on the wet pavement. Heidi and I rushed over and Heidi picked her up to see where she hit her head. At this point Macie had arched back her head as if to let out one of those blood curdling cries of it hurts!! I noticed she wasn't really breathing at the time, and so did Heidi. As we rushed over to the lifeguards office for help, Macie passed out for about 20 seconds or so (give or take). Heidi panicked (as any mother would do if there daughter passed out in their arms). There were no guards in the office so I ran and grabbed the closest one. Macie did come to and began crying...for the next hour. That was a good sign.

To make a long story short, Macie was transported to the closest hospital for a CTScan and X-Rays to make sure she was OK. The tests were negative and the CT showed she had a very mild amount of swelling but nothing threatening. As I found out at the pool, a lady about 10' away heard her hit the ground. Ouch! After we returned the villa where we were staying, we looked her over and could not find a bump on her head....ANYWHERE ! She had a small scrape on her leg, but nothing else. God had so totally protected her when she fell.

The last thing on my mind that morning, or any morning for that matter , is that my kids are going to need Gods divine protection during the day. Don't ever under-estimate what God can do in your life or the life of someone you pray for for. He will be there when you don't even think you will be needing him.

No comments: