Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Strength For Our Trials...

This is a repost from Oct 2007...I thought it might be of some importance to some......

We all have trials in life, some big and some small. Have you ever noticed that sometimes the smaller ones get us down more then the bigger ones? I was thinking about this after I read one of my email devotionals today. Why is it we let the little things worry us so, but we can often trudge through and over the large mountains and deep valleys life often throws at us? I am pretty sure it is the supernatural strength that God allows us to have during these times because we seem to give the big things up to Him and fight the little ones alone.

Something else the devotional pointed out was why we suffer greatly sometimes. It was something I never really thought about. One of the reasons we suffer in our trials on earth is so in a way we can relate in a tiny microscopic way to what Jesus went through on the cross for us. The devotional has one sentence in it I must share direct with you. This is from The Purpose Driven Life Daily Devotional Oct 12, 2007 " But the Good News is that our pain, our heartache, our confusion, our doubts, our mountain-sized difficulties can push us – if we allow it – into the very center of God’s all surpassing power." I like some of the things that 2 Corinthians 4:7-10 brings to light in my life:

When people ask me how I get through trials I can say what 2 Cor 4:7 says " We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. "

Here is how Gods power protects us 2 Cor 4:8-9

We are pressed on every side But not crushed

We are perplexed But not driven to despair

We are persecuted But not abandoned

We are knocked down But Not destroyed

Why? verse 10 says "Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies."

The song 'Trading My Sorrows' puts these versus into great perspective.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: