Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Another answer to the question " Why? "

We often think why did I have to undergo that circumstance or trial. Then we realize maybe it is because God wanted me to learn something from the experience to help mold me into a better person. I heard something this morning that adds yet another perspective on the " Whys " of my life.

We read in Mark 1:17, Jesus tells his disciples ""Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." The key thing here is : I will make . None of us are a natural at going out and leading a person to Christ. The things we go through in life both good and bad are what prepares us to go out and do this. Andy Stanley puts it this way, " It's not the message that wins a person to Christ, it's the messenger sometimes". What he means by this is that sometimes when a person is in a particular spot, God will use someone else who has been through a similar situation to help make sense of things to someone.

It never ceases to amaze me at how God is constantly at work in our lives in so many different ways. :-)

No comments: