Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Integrity

A friend of mine posted the bible verse "Nehemiah 7:2 I put in charge of Jerusalem my brother Hanani, along with Hananiah the commander of the citadel, because he was a man of integrity and feared God more than most men do."

I decided I want to be like this man Hananiah, I want to be known for my integrity. This I feel would be a good thing to have as I go through life ministering to students as well as adults I God may lead me to. If I don't have integrity, who would want to listen and actually believe what I have to say.

After I make this decision, I go and check some email. I have an email from Netflix stating that they had some technical issues last night that interfered with the streaming portion of the service I have with them. They stated in the email that if I expereienced this difficutly, I could click on a link and I would be refunded a full 3% of my monthly payment. All I need to do, is click on the link, no questions, just click!

I thought wow, I make a decision to have integrity and not 10 minutes later I get tested on it. Needless to say I did not click on the link. There was day when that might not have been the case.

I am glad I can serve a God who cares enough about me to test me to make me a better person.

No comments: